Director of People Operations
Location - Boston, MA US (remote)
As the best source of comedy collectibles in the world, Jambb is using next-gen blockchain technology to unlock the value of novel entertainment content and empower fans to own cultural moments with utility and exclusivity. In the two months since the launch of our platform, we’ve released NFTs in partnership with some of the most talented comedians in the world, such as Pete Holmes, Hannibal Buress, Maria Bamford, Beth Stelling, Zainab Johnson, Moses Storm, Adam Ray, and more.
At Jambb, we have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion on our team, and we are especially looking to grow within under-represented backgrounds and communities in tech. We're on the cusp of raising our Series A round of funding and doubling our small but mighty team of 20 people, so now is the perfect time to join the Jambb Fambb. If you're excited by the prospect of interacting with some of the most cutting-edge technology in development today to (1) help established and rising comedians reach new types of fans and create additional revenue streams from their content, and (2) provide fans with a new way to consume and interact with their favorite cultural moments, let's talk!
We're searching for a supportive, proactive, and inclusive Director of People Operations to develop and implement programs and processes that help attract exceptional future team members and enhance the employee experience at Jambb. Core focuses of this critical role will be prioritizing pathways to success for Jambb employees, taking the lead in creating an outstanding work environment, and implementing systems that enable our fast-growing organization to scale consistently without sacrificing performance or personal well-being.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing an HR function end-to-end and partnering with department heads across an organization to ensure teams are thoughtfully constructed and consistently supported. You will work directly with our CEO and Director of Operations while largely owning your core portfolio of HR, people, and culture.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the leadership team to identify key organizational hires, develop job descriptions, identify critical knowledge areas for each role, and develop a consistent, effective onboarding program for all new hires
- Build out talent pipelines organically and with external firms / relevant organizations
- Define and execute our employer branding strategy for recruitment and talent acquisition
- Enhance Jambb’s culture by developing and implementing programs to keep our employees close-knit in a remote work environment
- Own and execute Jambb’s benefits programs including PTO and health, dental, and vision benefits, and serve as the internal point of contact for employee questions/concerns regarding the same
- Implement an effective performance review process to ensure our team is continuously growing and improving
- Define and execute on employee retention and advancement strategies, ensuring that employees’ goals within the the organization are acknowledged and that their work is both challenging and rewarding
- Increase employee engagement by implementing learning opportunities and best practices you’ve tested at other companies
- Manage Glassdoor, LinkedIn Recruiter, and other relevant employment websites
- Ensure that Jambb’s employee policies and procedures are in compliance with Federal and State laws
Experience & Qualities
- 5+ years of previous People/HR experience at a high-growth, progressive organization
- A passion for building programs from scratch and enhancing procedures that currently exist
- A demonstrated understanding of issues surrounding compliance
- An in-depth understanding of best practices around recruiting, people management, and retention, with a proven ability to move from strategy development to execution
- A high level of integrity and excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with full-cycle recruiting
- Previous development of people-related procedures, including handbooks and onboarding programs
- The discipline, enthusiasm, and self-starter mentality to work as part of a high-performing, fully remote team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Jambb offers competitive salary plus equity. We also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible working hours and environment
- Remote-friendly tooling and teammates
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Regular company lunches and events (as soon as we are all vaccinated!)
- Parent/caregiver positive, paid time-off approach
- Most importantly, you will be part of a team that you’ll enjoy working with that values your input and contributions from the moment you come on board. Be prepared to work hard and reap the rewards for it - everyone has a seat at the table.
Jambb is an equal opportunity employer. There is no such thing as the “perfect” candidate. We want Jambb to be a place where everyone can grow and contribute. So whatever your background is or however you identify, please apply for this position if it would light you up to do this work with us!